Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Random Thoughts...

I'm having a horribly hard time finding my "blogging voice." As someone who does a ton of writing for a living, I never thought it'd be difficult to write about myself.

Anyhow...to help find my voice, I'm just going to write a brain dump. So here goes!

1. Small Biz turned 6 weeks old Tuesday. The books say she should start smiling at us this week, and every time she wakes up from a nap, I have incredible anticipation that this will be the time she smiles at me! It hasn't happened yet.

2. With SB's 6 week birthday comes my 6 week post-partum appointment. I had it Wednesday, and I'm going back Thursday to have an IUD put in. I'm super nervous that it'll be painful, but thrilled to have a birth control that'll work for us!

3. I'm soooo over the cold weather. I love walking outdoors, but it's just been too cold lately. And my poor dogs - they need a good, hard walk. But I'm not venturing out into the cold!

4. I love being at home on maternity leave with Small Biz. It's so much fun to spend my day with her and watch her grow and become more aware. However, the General Assembly convened today, and I'm bummed that I missed it. Odd years are long sessions, and they're my absolute favorite!

5. Speaking of being at home on maternity leave: I have 15 weeks off, and I'm already having anxiety about putting her into daycare. Major anxiety. Like, I'm currently refusing to fill out the paperwork. Oooops!

6. Another thing I miss about work is my MacBook Pro with the complete CS4 suite (mainly, I miss photoshop). In the meantime, Katie posted about Picassa3, so I'm going to try that for making collages and such. I'm pretty excited to have a new photo tool - especially with all the new baby pictures I've been taking! I'll let you know how that goes!

7. Have y'all seen that the weather is supposed to get into the upper 50's this weekend? I am beyond excited!

Okay, this post is making me more ADD than I already am! Whew, I think I've covered every topic that's gone through my brain in the past day...

1 comment:

  1. I'm super interested to hear about your experience with an IUD. I've been tossing around the idea for a long time.

    Hope you like picasa, it's take me a while to figure it out all the way, but it works with basic stuff for me.

    ReplyDelete

 
Blog Design by Sweet Simplicity