Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Spicy Mustard - Who Knew???

Y'all - all my life I have hated HATED mustard. Like, can't even describe the disdain it to you. I could smell it on food from a distance. When I turned 16, I wouldn't let anyone eat fast food in my car because I didn't want to risk my Blazer smelling like mustard. True story.

But I loved ketchup. I won't say I put it on everything, but I sure put it on a lot of stuff. Roast beef sandwiches, grilled cheese, hot dogs, did I mention grilled cheese?

One day last year I was starving, and Mr. Business had made a sandwich.  He gave me a bite, and before I even noticed, I had eaten mustard.  But this wasn't ordinary nasty yellow mustard.  This was SPICY mustard.

And ohmygoodness it was delicious. Well, I had forgotten about the gloriousness that is spicy mustard...until last week when we went on a lunchtime sandwich diet. Mr. Biz was coming home for a quick lunch, and I was trying to be all wife-y, so I made his sandwich before he got here (BIG points for me!).

Anyhow, the point of all this -- I was putting away the spicy mustard, and happened to look at the nutritional facts. Did you know spicy mustard has no fat AND no calories??? What? Seriously, who knew? Oh, everyone? Hum. Anyhow, this $hit is the nectar of the Gods.

I hate to disappoint Ronald Reagan and his "ketchup should be a vegetable" motto, but I'm on the spicy mustard train now!

1 comment:

  1. Hi! This is SO random, but I saw your comment on Erin's "pack for the hospital" post about the mommy/baby nursing pack from Old Navy. What a genius idea! I'd like to give it to my friend who is expecting her first in June, but am not sure what size to get her. Her regular/non-maternity size is a 2/4 pants and 2/small top. I was thinking she'd probably be a small, but you (or at least I) never know with maternity clothes... I'm a single/non-mama, so I'm clueless with maternity sizes! Any recommendations? Feel free to shoot me an email: sarah.etter@gmail.com. I really appreciate any advice you can give; thanks for the gift idea! :)

    ReplyDelete

 
Blog Design by Sweet Simplicity