Thursday, December 29, 2011

We're buying a house!

So in my last post, I mentioned we had big news coming and that was why I wasn't going to update the bachelor pad. The big news: we're FINALLY buying a new house!!!

Mike and I first toured this house in August - and we went under contract for it! But the inspection revealed a few problems, and we needed the seller to come down on her price a smidge in order for the house to be affordable for us. She wouldn't lower her price in August, so we backed out of the contract.

We had been in contact with the seller a few times since then - she wanted to know if we were still interested - which we were, but she still wasn't willing to lower her price. About a month ago, I asked Mike not to even tell me if she called anymore. I was so emotionally invested in the house, I just couldn't handle the yo-yoing. About that time, The seller called our realtor and said she was ready to play ball. Mike, as I asked, didn't tell me he was negotiating again. He negotiated for about two weeks, and on Dec. 13 he got the phone call that we were going under contract! And closing in two weeks!!

So, when he told me on Dec. 13 that we were buying the house, I had Bellie's birthday party, Christmas, and needed to pack our current house - in a 16 day time span!

Needless to say, our house isn't packed. Haha. Oops!

We close today at noon - the electricians are coming at 1:30 to re-wire the house, and we're meeting with painters at 2 to get prices on painting the entire inside of the house and scraping the ceilings (pray that's cheap - otherwise, I'm going to have to paint myself - and live with popcorn ceilings!).

Anyhoo - here's a picture of the outside of the house. I'll post inside pictures later on.

7 comments:

  1. AHH!!! Yay! Congrats! I know it's been a process but I am so excited for you! Can't wait to see more pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! So glad it worked out in the end. Can't wait to see the inside!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay!!! So glad to finally see a pic! Looks great!! Can't wait to see the rest of it! I know you are sooo excited!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations, sweet girl! I'm so happy for you :) :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations!! I can't wait to see pictures and how you are going to make it your own! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on the house!! Can't wait to see more pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats on the new house! I know you are so very excited and I can't wait to see what you do to the place!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blog Design by Sweet Simplicity