Saturday, December 31, 2011

New house photos - main floor

Y'all, I'm so proud of myself - I actually remembered to take "before" pictures of the house (before any work other than electrical had been done), and now I'm blogging about it. See how I'm patting myself on the back here? Ha!

Anyhow, since there are a ton of pictures, I'm only going to put up ones of the main floor right now.

Oh, are y'all familiar with split levels? I wasn't very well versed on them until I moved to Raleigh. Growing up in Wilmington, there weren't many split levels because we were right at sea level. (It's hard to build a split level at sea level because part of it is almost basement-y, and you don't want it to flood.) The first time I went in one, I wasn't in love. The floor plans are a little different, but I think it's going to be very functional for us! 

So...here's the main floor!

Entryway/front door when you walk in. (Notice the kitchen straight ahead.)

If you turn left from the entryway, you'll be in the living room. (I got tired of meeting with painters, fence people, electricians, security system guys and everyone having to sit on the floor, so I brought over my nice chairs.)
Turning right from the living room, we have the dining room.
A close of of the wallpaper; it's staying! We're painting underneath the chair rail molding.


Turning right from the dining room, we have the kitchen (which you can also access by walking straight through the entryway).
Kitchen from the entry doorway.

 So, I hope y'all enjoyed that! Bellie just woke up, so I'm going to go tend to her - and take her to Lowe's to pick out some ceiling fans! I'll post more pictures later today!

3 comments:

  1. It looks awesome!! I love those fancy chairs too - they really complete the room! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the wallpaper! Such a great pattern! Looking forward to the pictures once you make it yours! :)

    ReplyDelete

 
Blog Design by Sweet Simplicity