Thursday, January 5, 2012

A blog style guide?

Do y'all have a personal blog style guide you use? Like, do you have a specific way you capitalize your titles? Or do you put one or two spaces at the end of a sentence? Do you bold face or italicize links? Do you have a specific way you write captions or style captions?

Or are those completely weird questions and you've never thought about any of that?

Every time I sit down to write a blog post, those are the weird little things I question. It takes me forever to write one because each time I wonder, "Is that how I did it last time?"

All through college - and for the 4.5 years since I graduated - I've written in AP style; however, I don't love AP style for blogs. I generally like each word in my title to start with an uppercase letter. I like my links bold.

Would I be a total freak if I made myself a document to refer back to? Yes? Oh well - I'm probably going to do it anyways!

What little idiosyncrasies bother you on your own blog or when you read others?

1 comment:

  1. So this is totally weird but all my titles end with an ellipsis. (ex: Christmas Card...) and when I end a post with a question I always bold, italicize and center it.

    I don't even know how I started doing those things, but they're all that way. Weird.

    ReplyDelete

 
Blog Design by Sweet Simplicity